Saturday, June 20, 2009

Old School Programs

I stumbled upon these old photos from two previous programs that Justin and his classmates performed at Mother's Day Out. These photos aren't great (by my standards), which is why I think I kind of forgot about them. But I had to tell a certain story.

The first one was on a cold Sunday morning in March. Justin did great, clapping to the beat and singing when he was supposed to.

He's on the far right, in case you can't decipher.

Even caught him hamming it up after the songs and before the children's story time during the service.

Then comes out end of the year program in May. The day before his teachers told me that he did a fantastic job at rehearsals. So I go sit on the front row with my lens (really needed a zoom lens) and get ready. He did great during the God Bless America song with their hands on their hearts.

And the entire toddler program had a song where the teachers called out each child's name and then they would stand up. He did this as well and almost stood up too long. Guess he liked all the clapping.

Then there was the next song. Pride is an ugly thing, especially when it comes to being a parent. Humility sometimes just hurts a little. My son became just downright defiant and would not perform. Not shy, but just would not do it. The others are touching their feet. Not Justin!

He even crossed his arms! I was MORTIFIED!

He eventually started performing after turning around and looking at the wall. If I was I had a wooden spoon that I could have thrown at his bottom. Oh well. I did notice just how much he had grown when he stood by two younger kids in his class. He looked like a beast up next to them.

I love this cool kid look in the photo - me and my peeps. Jake, Justin, & Braden gave each other a big ole hug.

I even had a few parents tell me later that Justin was their favorite part of the entire program - they laughed the entire time. I nicely told them that I was never laughing....

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Loved this one. Please tell me you have video of the defiance. :)

Jenise Livesay said...

So funny! Looks like he mostly did what he was supposed to, which at this age, seems like a win, to me.

Kylie said...

I feel your pain! You remember mine cried until he left the stage to sit with me at his end of the year program. :) They are just so unpredictable at this stage!

Shannon said...

I have to admit...laughing pretty hard right now! I LOVE IT! I know though...when it is your kid, you want to jump up there and pinch em.

angie said...

The older they get the more humbling they are:-). You know Ryan and his numerous performances!! I feel your pain.