Saturday, August 18, 2012

November in a nutshell

Feeling up for a brief post.  I would love to write about what's current, but need to stay in order, as well as I cannot be as frank as I would like with my current circumstances.  Come November I can let the cat out of the bag, and who knows, I might even be posting on 2012 outings.  Here's to hoping.


One of the last playdates at our old house before we moved in early December.  Had the Wilburns over and the kids made a mosh pit of pillows and jumped.



 We tried all sorts of combos.

 Even a mommy combo
 Celebrated a late birthday for Tom & Ryan
 Daddy somehow fell asleep in all the buddies
 Jaylen came and spent the night for the first time.  We picked him up from school in the middle of the week and then took him back to school the next day.  Avoided driving to where he lived, which isn't always safe, and is also quite a drive.
 He loved helping me make dinner.
 And watching football before bed
 Justin was "Spear Fish" during his Indian role play in the Thanksgiving Feast
 Justin at the camera
 Roxy blending in.  Where's Waldo?




Orphan Sunday at First Baptist.  We ate a meal that might be served at an orphanage
 Photos of 200 kids needing a home (a small fraction of the 147 million waiting!).  We took home a photo of a boy that looked like he was 8.  I was drawn to him.  We prayed if we should adopt him but didn't feel led to, especially after we realized he was 16.  Derek wasn't ready to adopt a child that we would have birthed at the age of 16 ourselves.  But we interceded in his behalf for a family to want him.
 The back of the shirts we wore
 So glad I stumbled upon this photo!  We played with the Morellos this past year and loved being with this family! 

0 comments: