Thursday, November 6, 2008

Biblical knowledge

Derek and I went a costume party for some people from his work last Saturday. The requirement was that you had to come as a deceased person. After a small amount of time of pondering on how we could wear a cheap costume but still meet the requirements, we decided to borrow some costumes from Shane & Kaki.

Derek wanted to be Moses, but I couldn't remember off the top of my head who his wife was. Thanks to Katie reminding me that it was Zipporah a few days later. I was literally skimming through Exodus right before the party, and could not find it. So we went as Abraham and Sarah instead. Kaki's costume was actually an angel, so I borrowed a shawl from my Indian neighbor and wore it to look like a shepherdess instead.


Everyone at the party loved it, and Derek wore his beard under his chin most of the night, making him look like a lion. But the wig made him appear to be 7 feet tall. And everyone just called us Jesus and Mary. Which Derek would retort that Jesus was alive, not dead. But we played the part.

The irony is that I had more conversations with people and what their beliefs were at this party than any other encounter with these people. They would initiate the conversation and wanted to know what I thought this and that. It was fascinating and almost humorous. God works in mysterious ways...

1 comments:

Ashley Hall said...

Hillarious! Hope you are doing great! Can't believe their plane takes off today! Hopefully, time will fly by!! love ya!