Friday, May 22, 2009

CBB Easter Egg Hunt

So now I am into April on my belated posts. First up is the neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt that I was in charge of the weekend before Easter. About 40 kids showed up, all bringing a dozen stuffed eggs before the hunt. I took none of these photos - so my sweet husband took all these for me on automatic.

Betsy is the first neighbor friend that we met when we first moved in our house. Her family is such an encouragement to us. Not to mention her mom is the one that somehow got me to say yes to this social chair position.

We had girls who painted the kids faces. I never knew how talented these kids were!

Luke Wilson's dad put tattoos on his calves.

Thus starting Justin's obsession with doing that very same thing.

Lily, Grace, & Luke on the swing. We had two backyards that adjoined without a fence. Everytime we walk by their houses Justin always tells me that there aren't any eggs left.

Neil & Kaveet were my egg hiders before the hunt. Us three were giggling as we put the eggs in hard places for the older kids.

Justin decided he wanted to have his face painted as a monkey.

He really liked the end result.

And hey, even monkeys need to eat lunch at some point.

After lunch we went through the loot - made off like a bandit. Somehow we contributed 12 eggs and came home with 30. Some people dropped off extra eggs, so after everyone had their dozen, we let all the kids get what they could. Can I help that my son is an overachiever?

Easter weekend to follow soon....

0 comments: